Carmines Antiques and Accommodation
Carmines Antiques and Accommodation is a heritage listed row of five original shops in Morgan, overlooking the Murray River, lawns and playground. Since 1880 it has been the home of many businesses and shops serving the prosperous and busy town
In the 1970's the businesses had closed and the row fell into disrepair, at one stage the verandas had been removed as dangerous and the local Council were considering demolishing the properties.
In 1984 Carmine Burford purchased the shops and began the restoration work.
The first two opened as shops selling antiques, collectables, books and jewellery. The other three shops were converted to self-contained accommodation.
In 1999 the Bank of Adelaide was purchased, restored and opened as self-contained accommodation.