Balaklava Courthouse Gallery
The historic old courthouse at Balaklava, built in 1913 and converted into an art gallery and separate gift shop, is managed entirely by community volunteers. Varied exhibitions lasting six weeks range from paintings and sculptures to quilting and craftwork. Exhibition space is free to artists. A popular attraction is the Balco Art Price held in July/August each year with associated prizes up to the value of AUD3000.00. The shop is stocked with locally hand-crafted gifts.