Beaumont House is a Heritage listed building owned by the National Trust of South Australia. Built by Adelaide's first Anglican Bishop, Bishop Short, in 1847, during its long history the house has been the home of leading pioneer businessman Sir Samuel Davenport and was one of the first locations of plantings of olive groves and grape vines in South Australia.
*Beaumont House is only open to the public on the first Sunday of each month. Guided tours of the House, gardens and surrounding areas are available highlighting the history and heritage of the property. Afternoon tea is also available on these open days. Car parking is available in visitor’s car park or on the street.
Historic Beaumont House is also available for weddings, private and corporate functions. There are many opportunities to enjoy the garden of Beaumont House especially during public events such as Summer Sundays , Victoriana Day and the Heritage Festival, please refer to our website for more details.
*During the week Beaumont House houses the State Office of the National Trust of South Australia and is open 9am to 5pm.