Old Police Station Museum
The Old Police Station Museum was built in 1850 as Clare's first Courthouse and Police Station. Now part of the National Trust of South Australia, the building houses a very large collection of furniture and clothing from the Victorian era, extensive early records of the Clare area, photographs of early Clare and displays of agricultural machinery and early horse-drawn vehicles.
The Old Police Station Museum is located one kilometre west of the Main Street and set in a delightful setting, nestling amongst the hills with a backdrop of stately gums. Open for group bookings by prior arrangement.