Olivewood Estate Homestead
Historic Olivewood Estate Homestead, the original home of Canadian Charles Chaffey, who with his brothers George and William established the Renmark and Mildura Irrigation Colonies.
This State Heritage listed home was built from Murray pine logs using the drop slot system in 1889, it is set in spacious grounds, with a spectacular palm lined drive. The homestead now displays items of the period, plus more.
In the Charles Chaffey Centre, there are displays of working printing machines, photographic equipment, a 1926 Garford fire engine and much more.
Throughout the complex, there are photographs, river charts and the Chaffey Red Book - used to attract investors to the new settlements.
A replica of the olive crusher can be seen beside the original olive oil processing building, now housing varied historical items.
The packing shed c1890 contains a collection of equipment which was used in the past fruit industry.
Tractors and other implements, some restored, are throughout the complex.
There is an orange orchard, and an operating olive grove with approximately 90 trees that were planted in 1890.
Sales of olive oil, other souvenirs and books are available.
Tours, Lunch, Morning and Afternoon teas, by arrangement
Tea and Coffee is available