Original Site of the Coonalpyn Primary School
The original Coonalpyn Primary School was built in 1889, 20 years before the township of Coonalpyn was proclaimed. The school was located approximately three kilometres south-east of Coonalpyn along the Dukes Highway. In 1928 the school moved to its current location on Coombe Terrace, west of Coonalpyn.
Somewhere at the original Coonalpyn Primary School site is a geocache.