Search South Australia x








Point Malcolm Lighthouse


Details
Located at Narrung (between the Lower Lakes), the Point Malcolm Lighthouse was built in 1878 and is Australia's only inland lighthouse. It was built to assist ships that were passing through Lake Alexandrina on their way to and from Lake Albert or the River Murray. There is a small cave in the cliffs in front of the lighthouse that was used to store produce. Somewhere at Point Malcolm, there's a geocache.