Port Pirie National Trust Museum
The Port Pirie National Trust Museum incorporates: the old Customs House which was opened in 1882 to cater for the increased shipping in the harbour; the Railway Station building completed in 1902, a fine example of Victorian Pavilion style architecture, which served as a railway station until 1967; and the former Central Police Station, built 1892.
The buildings are now owned by the National Trust and house exhibitions of local history. Displays include: recreated room settings set at about 1900; Port Pirie's largest industry the Pasminco Smelter, formerly BHAS with details of products made and models; railway and shipping history; narrow gauge shunting engine 'Port Pirie'; and a time-line development of Port Pirie.
Parking available and retail shop.