Built early in 1850 of blackwood slabs and a bark roof out of timber from the banks of a nearby swamp.
In 1848, Christopher Sharam, boot maker aged 29 of Limestone Ridge Station, married Ellen Patching 15, shepherd’s daughter of nearby Glenroy Station.
Early in 1850, the family moved into a two roomed slab cottage. Built of blackwood slabs and a bark roof out of timber from the banks of a nearby swamp by Christopher. He built a second cottage of sawn slabs in the mid 1860s to accommodate his growing family.
The cottages remained in the Sharam family, with descendant Sarah, known as “Granny Davis” being the last to live there until 1941 when it as purchased by Bob Fennell. The Penola Branch of the National Trust of South Australia purchased the property in 1981.