Tcharkulda Rock is a massive outcrop covered in the largest and most spectacular tafoni and boulders in the district. In winter the base of the tafoni are alive with the pink flowered rock crassula.
During the early settlement, Tcharkulda was a major supplier of the township of Minnipa's water via an extensive gutter network and 750 kilolitre dam, completed in 1914 at a cost of AUD8,946.00.
Today, the area is a well used picnic area and provides a beautiful setting for a family outing. On the grounds the local Kiwanis group have restored a Shepherd's Hut, as a reminder of the solitary existence of the early pastoralists in the area.