2018 AFL SEASON FIXTURE - ADELAIDE OVAL GAMES
- Round 1: Saturday 24 March - Port Adelaide v Fremantle
- Round 2: Thursday 29 March - Adelaide Crows v Richmond
- Round 3: Saturday 7 April - Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions
- Round 4: Friday 13 April - Adelaide Crows v Collingwood
- Round 5: Sunday 21 April - Port Adelaide v Geelong Cats
- Round 6: Sunday 28 April - Adelaide Crows v Gold Coast Suns
- Round 7: Sunday 5 May - Adelaide Crows v Carlton
- Round 8: Saturday 12 May - Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows
- Round 9: Friday 18 May - Adelaide Crows v Western Bulldogs
- Round 11: Sunday 3 June - Adelaide Crows v GWS Giants
- Round 12: Friday 8 June - Port Adelaide v Richmond
- Round 13: Thursday 14 June - Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs
- Round 14: Friday 22 June - Port Adelaide v Melbourne
- Round 15: Sunday 20 June - Adelaide Crows v West Coast Eagles
- Round 16: Saturday 7 July - Port Adelaide v St Kilda
- Round 17: Thursday 12 July - Adelaide Crows v Geelong Cats
- Round 18: Sunday 22 July - Port Adelaide v GWS Giants
- Round 19: Saturday 28 July - Adelaide Crows v Melbourne
- Round 20: Saturday 4 August - Adelaide Crows v Port Adelaide
- Round 21: Saturday 11 August - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles
- Round 22: Sunday 19 August - Adelaide Crows v North Melbourne
- Round 23: Friday 24 August, Port Adelaide v Essendon
- Grand Final: Saturday 29 September.
Book your flights, accommodation and tickets with AFL Travel.
Top 5 Reasons to Visit for the Match
With one of the world's best sports stadiums, a city centre overflowing with incredible restaurants and bars and jaw-dropping regions within a short drive of the CBD, there are countless reasons to come to South Australia to cheer on your team this AFL season.
1. The Adelaide Oval atmosphere
You don’t have to be a die hard sports-lover to have a great time at the AFL. Playing host to international sports matches, musical acts and arena spectaculars, the Adelaide Oval’s electric atmosphere and world-leading facilities (including the jaw-dropping Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb and luxurious Hill of Grace restaurant) are more than enough reason to don your team's scarf and cheer them on.
2. Sip and savour Adelaide's café and bar scene
Whether you’re quenching your pre-game thirst or winding down after the action, you’ll find a smorgasbord of cool cafés, bustling bars and world-renowned restaurants only a minutes’ walk from Adelaide Oval over the Torrens River into the CDB. Within the Adelaide Casino precinct dine at the exotic Madame Hanoi or savour the flavours at Sean’s Kitchen.
Quench your thirst at the nearby Queens Head or Cathedral Hotel or take-in stunning city views from the glamorous heights of 2KW. Enjoy the small bar scene along the inner-city laneways of Peel St, Leigh St and Gilbert Place. May we suggest Alfreds, Clever Little Tailor, Pink Moon Saloon, Bread & Bone or Hains & Co.
3. BBQ Buoys and Handlebar
Chill and Grill on the River Torrens with BBQ Buoys – a round boat with seating around the edge and a barbecue grill and table top in the centre! Bring your own BBQ food and nibbles; boats come with BBQ, bluetooth speakers, esky and ice (if drinks ordered), glasses, plates and cutlery.
HandleBar offers 2 hour tours of the Adelaide CBD on a 16 passenger pedalling pub! Enjoy SA beer, cider, and wine (from $5) on-board while pedalling your bar through town. The mobile pub makes 2-3 stops at local pubs & parks to rest and refuel.
4. Adelaide Oval RoofClimb
Take-on the Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb Adelaide Oval and discover where they keep the best seats in the house. After building one of the top sports stadiums in the country, it seems only natural to add even more excitement with the Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb Adelaide Oval – where punters can clamber over the billowing rooftops of the spectacular grandstands. Equally spectacular – the views, be it during the day or at twilight.
5. Fill your shopping bags
Adelaide is the perfect place to fill your shopping bags. Treat yourself to a pre-game splurge at Rundle Mall – over 700 retailers in one convenient pedestrian-friendly strip, only a few minutes’ walk from Adelaide Oval. Discover boutiques selling local designs and higher-end clothing stores on Rundle Street. View the best places to shop here.
Top 5 Reasons to Linger Longer
With so much to see and do on Adelaide’s doorstep, there are countless reasons to linger longer in South Australia before or after the AFL match!
1. Wine with your Footy
Adelaide has been recognised as one of the Great Wine Capitals of the World – a network of ten major global cities that share a common feature: their internationally renowned wine regions. With 200 stunning cellar doors only a short drive away from the CBD and 18 world-renowned wine regions nearby, it's no surprise why.
2. Brewery Tours
Discover brewers and cider makers with the perfect drop to quench your thirst. Try freshly made ales, lagers and stouts from any of the 20 or so microbreweries operating across the state. Take a trip to the Adelaide Hills and drop into the Hahndorf Inn at Hahndorf or Lobethal Bierhaus. Find out the best breweries in South Australia here.
Get fired up and visit the Prancing Pony Brewery in Mount Barker, which is Australia's only fire brewery, where beer is brewed on an open flame.
3. Swim with Dolphins
Glenelg’s Temptation Sailing offers private cruises and dolphin swimming expeditions along South Australia's stunning coastline, just a 30 minute tram ride away from the city. Their catamaran, Temptation, accommodates up to 50 people, complete with bar, undercover seating area and sound system. Jump in and swim with the dolphins or stay dry and watch in luxury. Post-swim, retire to the luxurious Stamford Grand hotel with stunning ocean views.
4. Cuddle a Koala
Ever wished you could see Australia’s cute, cuddly, and not so cuddly animals in one convenient location? Discover must-see native species at the Adelaide Hills’ Cleland Wildlife Park. At Cleland you can see over 130 species with no boundaries! Get up-close to kangaroos and cuddle less than an hour’s drive away from Adelaide.
5. Spend a Night or Weekend
Here for a few days? Boasting a luxurious range of high-end hotels including the five-star Mayfair, boutique Playford, glamorous InterContinental and stylish Adabco Boutique Hotel, there’s never been a better time to spend the night in Adelaide.