Frequently Asked Questions
When and how can I apply for a Great State Experiences Voucher?
Registrations for the Great State Experiences Voucher have now closed, but it's still a great time to explore South Australia. Check out our travel blog for inspiration and find more great travel deals for South Australia here.
Stay tuned for our next iteration of Great State Vouchers for accommodation launching in late May!
What are the voucher values and how can they be used?
Vouchers will be available in denominations of $50, $100, or $200 and can be used only on participating hosted tours and experiences of an equal or higher value. This means:
• $50 vouchers can be applied to all experiences listed in the program
• $100 vouchers can be applied to experiences valued at $100 or more
• $200 vouchers can be applied to multi-day experiences only.
To assist you to easily find experiences you can use with your voucher, you will also be able to ‘filter’ the experiences available (based on your voucher value) through the improved website functionalities.
Is accommodation included in this round?
No. The Great State Experiences Voucher aims to stimulate a sector hit hard by the downturn in international and interstate visitation and shine a light on the incredible experiences available across South Australia, and the local experts and guides who deliver them. Some of these experiences are offered as multi-day experiences and include accommodation as part of the tour, but accommodation on its own is not included as part of this round. Another iteration of the Great State Voucher, focused on accommodation, will be launching in late May.
If friends/family also get a voucher, can we use them together on the same tour or experience?
Yes, provided only one voucher is claimed per ‘offer’ and subject to the terms and conditions of the tour operator. That is:
- If the offer is for one person, then two voucher holders travelling together may both utilise their vouchers by making two separate bookings.
- If the offer is based on a ‘per vehicle’ basis, requires a minimum number of passengers greater than one, or if it is already for two people or a family, then it is not possible to redeem multiple vouchers on that one booking.
I received a $50 voucher. Can I use it on experiences in the $100 or $200 voucher category?
Yes. While there is an excellent range of experiences available in the $50 voucher category, consumers are welcome to redeem their $50 voucher against tours and experiences of a higher value, and simply pay the difference. The same applies for $100 voucher holders who are permitted to apply their voucher to an experience of higher value, i.e. the ‘multi-day’ or $200 voucher category.
Can I use my voucher on an experience of lesser value?
No. Vouchers can only be redeemed on experiences of an equal or higher value. That is:
• $50 vouchers can be applied to all experiences listed in the program;
• $100 vouchers can be applied to experiences valued at $100 or more;
• $200 vouchers can be applied to ‘multi-day’ experiences only.
I received a $200 voucher. Can I use it on experiences in the $100 category, which are valued at $200 or above?
No. The $200 vouchers can only be used for overnight or multi-day experiences.
Can I change my voucher type after it’s been allocated?
No. Vouchers are allocated as per the Terms and Conditions and cannot be changed once allocated.
When can I start using my Great State Experiences Voucher?
If you were successful in the ballot, you will be able to book your experience until 11.59pm ACST on Sunday 23 May 2021 by visiting experiences.southaustralia.com. The travel period runs from 27 April to 31 July 2021 inclusive (bookable seven days per week, including Saturdays and the July school holidays). Blackout dates may be applied by individual tourism operators, at their discretion.
My voucher code isn’t working. What can I do?
Vouchers are usually a mix of capital letters, and numbers. If a voucher code is not working, it may have been copied incorrectly. Some common mistakes include copying characters incorrectly, for example:
• The capital letter ‘O’ confused for the number ‘0’ or vice versa.
• The capital letter ‘I’ confused for a lowercase letter ‘L’.
Try swapping out letters as above, and make sure to only use capital letters.
Please also ensure you are on the correct section of the experiences.southaustralia.com website for your voucher denomination:
• o $50 voucher holders – https://experiences.southaustralia.com/
• o $100 voucher holders - https://experiences100.southaustralia.com/
• o $200 voucher holders - https://experiences200.southaustralia.com/
If you’re still having difficulties, please call us on (08) 7081 9181.