Working Holidays in South Australia
Working Holiday Visa holders are now eligible to enter South Australia, allowing young adults to have an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment within our amazing State. The Australian Government’s Working Holiday Maker program allows young adventure seekers the freedom to experience the very best of Aussie culture over 12 months, during which time they can have an extended holiday and earn money by working in a range of jobs, while exploring the country. After two years spent isolating, make 2022 the year you seize adventure and live like a local, right here in South Australia.
- Hospitality work - bartender, barista, waiter/waitress, hotel staff, chefs and kitchen hands
- Child care - au pairs and nannies
- Farming - station/farm hand, tractor driver, fruit picking and harvesting
- Administrative work - receptionist and sales representatives
- Vineyard operators - cellar hand and cellar door staff
A working holiday visa is a requirement if you want to stay in Australia longer than a tourist visa allows, or if you want the right to work during your holiday. Australia offers two different working holiday visas.
1. A Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)* and;
2. A Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)
*British citizens aged between 18 and 30 years old and Irish citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 years old are eligible for the Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417).