Mary MacKillop Penola Centre
She met Father Julian Tenison Woods in Penola in 1860 and their dream began to found a new religious order to meet the educational needs of isolated and disadvantaged children. She started teaching in a stable and then moved to the Schoolhouse, which today is a heritage building that people can visit.
At the Mary MacKillop Penola Centre there are major exhibitions explaining the lives of Mary MacKillop and Julian Tenison Woods, priest and scientist. An exhibition in the Schoolhouse explains the early teaching methods of the Sisters of Saint Joseph that they co-founded in Penola.
The Cameron homestead has been relocated next to the Interpretive Centre and Saint Joseph's Catholic Church is also on the site.
From $8.00 to $8.00
Discount for group bookings of 10 or more and school groups.